We can benefit a lot from creating custom logs from our activities, especially if we have it at hand in an easy-to-access table/sheet. In this article, you find a simple method to create logs of your workflows using Google Sheets.
Follow these steps:
1. Create a spreadsheet in Google Sheets
2. Get the spreadsheet ID — which is located in the URL, as you can see highlighted below: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1ixn9515PgXy7BVR7t-6tmGcWUbPP5….ecENA/edit#gid=0
3. On Studio Pro, add the Get current date activity to your workflow to collect the date to your logs
4. Add the activities you need to your workflow
5. For each of these activities, connect the Exception Exit (the red dot) to an Append Value activity
6. In the Append Value activity:
- Add the spreadsheet ID (from step 2)
- Select "Calculate a value" and insert the following data:
["'"+current_date+" - Webpage not open"+"'"]
Note that you need to replace “webpage not open“ with a name to your specific activity action.
The result must be the following:
Keep in mind that you need to have your Google Account configured in the Services account. For more details about that, check the How to use Google App Passwords.