Studio Pro features different tools meant to simplify the process of developing workflows. Sometimes, high-loaded workflows designed by several developers require several parts of the project to be merged. As another example, there can be a situation, where it is necessary to reuse already created workflows in some projects.
That is why Studio Pro features a couple of tools specifically for those purposes: "Import workflows" and "Import elements". In this article, we will go through the process of working with these tools and cover some of the scenarios of using them for collaboration, merging workflows, or duplicating pieces of the workflow.
This tool allows you to import a workflow (.neek-file) to the project you are currently working on.
To use the "Import workflow" feature:
- Navigate to the menu "Tools" → "Import workflow".
- In the pop-up window, click "Pick".
- Navigate to the directory with the desired .neek file.
- Select the .neek file and click "Open".
- Click "Import".
The opened .neek file will be displayed in the project tree in the left sidebar:
This tool allows you to import elements (elements, termelements, webelements). From one project to another.
elements - desktop interface elements;
termelements - terminal interface elements;
webelements - browser interface elements.
To use the "Import elements" feature:
- Navigate to the menu "Tools" → "Import elements".
- Navigate to the folder with the desired elements (elements, termelements or webelements).
- Open the folder and select the .elm file.
- Click "Open".
The imported elements will be displayed on the "Elements" tab in the left sidebar. You will also see them in the dropdown list in the "Interface* element" parameter in the activity, that requires picking elements.
*Interface, browser or terminal