To help keep users' accounts secure, starting May 30, 2022, Google will no longer support the use of third-party apps or devices which ask you to sign in to your Google Account using only your username and password. Since this is how Studio Pro connects to Gmail, you will need to use the App Password to maintain access to the email service.
How to create an App Password
The process of creating an App Password is described in detail in the "Create & use App Passwords" section of this Google tutorial.
How to use an App Password in Studio Pro
For the Read emails activity to work with the Gmail, you must set the App Password in the "Credential Management" menu. To do this:
- In the top toolbar, go to "Settings" → "Credential Management".
- Create a new "Login - Password" pair or edit an existing one.
- Fill in the fields as follows:
- Service - you can fill it in any way you want, it will not affect the operation of the credentials.
- Login - enter the email address of your Google account.
- Password - enter the App Password generated in your Google account.
When working with the Read emails activity, use the "Login - Password" pair, where "Password" is the App Password.