We assume that you have deployed the on-prem build. The following instruction on
activation of the on-prem products will involve:
- The account of Onwer of your Team on the ElectroNeek cloud portal https://electroneek.com/account.
- The on-prem version of the ElectroNeek portal that you have deployed previously following a separate guide.
For the sake of simplicity, we will use the following notation:
- Cloud portal – this is the portal hosted on https://electroneek.com/account
where you can download the on-prem installers and guides.
- On-prem portal – this is the ElectroNeek portal that you deployed within your
local environment. This is where you will manage your users, access to the
products, work with Orchestrator. The experience will be very similar to the
standard cloud portal with Orchestrator SaaS and other products.
We also assume that this instruction is read by the Owner on the cloud portal because
this is the only user that is available to activate the on-prem license.
The following steps are to be performed to have access to the on-prem products:
- Open your on-prem portal. You will see a login form.
email@example.com the login and
adminas the password. You will be able to change the password later. Click “Log In”. You will see an activation form.
- Click “Get Passcode” in the activation form. Upon clicking, the passcode will be copied to your clipboard. Save this passcode as you will need it afterwards.
- Go to the cloud portal and log in under your account. Remember that only the Owner of the Team has access to the cloud portal.
- Once you’ve logged in to the cloud portal, go to the “ElectroNeek On-Prem” page which you may access from the card on the “Home” page or from a menu. On the “ElectroNeek On-Prem” page, you will see a form to generate a license key that you will be able to paste to the on-prem portal to grant access.
- Copy the passcode from point 3 and paste it to the “Passcode” field in the cloud portal.
- Click “Generate license”. You will see a generated license key in the “License key” field. Save this key as you will need it to complete the activation process.
- Return to the on-prem portal. Paste the license key from point 7 to the “License Key” field. Click “Activate”.
- After a successful activation, you will see the “Home” page of the on-prem portal. Now you can use all the products and manage users. The flow of interaction with the on-prem portal is almost identical to the cloud portal, the changes in the interface lie only in the key activation mechanism which is absent on the cloud portal.
If your on-prem license is expired and you do not extend it, you will lose the access to
the on-prem portal. The activation form from point 2 will be shown.
Expected Failures During Activation
The following list describes situations where a failure during the activation process is
- You are trying to enter a key of an invalid format on either cloud portal or on-prem portal.
- You are trying to activate more instances that you are supposed to according to your agreement. For example, if the agreement allows you to deploy the on-prem portal on one machine only and you are trying to activate the on-prem build on a second machine, you will see an error generating a license key.
Extending Your License
It is possible to extend the functionality of your license during the current license period. If you agreed on having more Studios so that more developers could take part into the automation process, then you need to generate a new license key:
- Log in to the on-prem portal.
- Go to the “License Management” page. You can do it from the card on the “Home” page.
- On the “License Management” page, click on the “Get passcode” button. Save the generated passcode so that you could use it afterwards.
- Go to the cloud portal and open the “ElectroNeek On-Prem” page.
- Repeat steps 5-7 from the On-Prem Activation section.
- Return to the on-prem portal and paste the generated license key from the cloud portal to the “License key” field in the “License” card of the “License Management” page.
- Click “Activate”. The new license resources will now be available.