When a workflow is published to Orchestrator, it is possible to set up a schedule for it. In order to do that:
- Log in under your account on https://electroneek.com/account.
- Go to the "Orchestrator SaaS" page and go to the "Workflows" page.
- Find your workflow in the table.
- Then either click on the workflow's name in the table to open its details, then switch to the "Schedules" tab, and then click "Schedule", or click on the "more menu" button and then click "Schedule" (see the screenshot below)
Either way you will see a modal window where you can set up your schedule.
- You need to fill all the parameters. Every parameter is required apart from the parameters from the "Restriction" section.
Schedule and Launch Types
Select the type of the schedule:
- Repeatable - you want this workflow to run on a regular basis.
- Hourly - the workflow will be triggered every hour at a specific minute.
- Daily - the workflow will be triggered every day at a specific time.
- Weekly - the workflow will be triggered every week at a specific day and a specific time.
- Monthly - the workflow will be triggered every month at a specific day and a specific time.
- Custom - the workflow will have a custom trigger schedule, for example, "every 3 hours".
- One-time run - you want this workflow to be executed once at a specific day and time.
Date and time parameters
Date and time parameters depend on the process type and launch type. For each process type and launch type there is a common parameter - Specify timezone. This parameters sets up the time zone in which the workflow must be executed. We will not mention this parameter below any more.
These are the other parameters for each launch type:
- Minute - at which minute this workflow must be triggered every hour.
- Example: if you specify "30", the workflow will be triggered every hour at the 30th minute: 12:30 PM, 13:30 PM, 14:30 PM, and so on.
- Time - at which time this workflow must be triggered every day.
- Example: if you specify "3:30 PM" then this workflow will be triggered every day at 3:30 PM.
- Day - at which day this workflow must be triggered every week.
- Time - at which time this workflow must be triggered every week.
- Example: if you specify "Monday" for the Day parameter and "4:25 PM" for the Time parameter, the workflow will be triggered every week on Monday at 4:25 PM.
- Day of month - at which day of month (by number) this workflow must be triggered every month.
- Time - at which time this workflow must be triggered every month.
- Example: if you specify "5" for the Day of month parameter and "2:00 PM" for the Time parameter, the workflow will be triggered every fifth day of month at 2:00 PM.
- Hour, Minute, Second - the duration between triggers.
- Example: if you specify "3" for the Hour parameter, "30" for the Minute parameter, and "30" for the Second parameter, the next trigger will happen in 3 hours 30 minutes 30 seconds. For example, the bot was executed at 1:00 PM, then the next execution will be at 4:30:30 PM.
If the one-time run is selected, the parameters are the following:
- Date - on which exact day the workflow must be triggered.
- Time - at which time the bot must be triggered.
Example: if you specify "05.09.2021" for the Date parameter and "3:00 PM"for the Time parameter, the workflow will be executed on September 5, 2021 at 3:00 PM.
In some cases you may want to put restrictions on execution of a specific bot. For some launch types, there is no the ability to set up restrictions, for some launch types, you have this ability. Overall, three possible restrictions exist in the system:
- Exclude days - specify on which days this workflow should not be executed.
- Available for launch types: Hourly, Daily, Custom.
- Start trigger after - specify after which time the bot can be triggered. Before this time the trigger will not work.
- Available for launch types: Hourly, Custom.
- Block trigger after - specify before which time the bot can be triggered. After that time the trigger will not work.
- Available for launch types: Hourly, Custom.
- Launch type is set to "Hourly".
- Exclude days is enabled, the value is "Saturday, Sunday"
- Start trigger after and Block trigger after are enabled and set to "2:00 PM" and "6:00 PM" respectively.
- Result: the bot will be triggered every hour from 2 PM until 6 PM and will not be triggered on Saturdays and Sundays at all.
- An example is provided in the screenshot below:
Finishing Setting Up
Once you've set up all the parameters, click "Save". The schedule will be added to the list of schedules. You may want to add another schedule. If so, repeat all the steps above.
Every schedule has its status:
- If it's set to "Active", the schedule is in use. You may click on the "Pause" button to disable it.
- If it's set to "Inactive", the schedule is not applied. You may click on the "Play" button to enable it.
If you click on the "Edit" button, you will be able to edit the schedule. If you click on the "Delete" button, you will be able to delete the schedule from the list.