In order for the bot to interact with the browser interface elements via Browser Picker, you need to install an extension for Google Chrome - ElectroNeek Chrome Automation. You can read more about installing the extension in this article. If you don't install the extension before working with browser elements, the ElectroNeek platform will help you do so.
When you perform an action related to browser interface elements, Studio Pro always checks to see if the extension is installed. Below is a diagram of the order in which this check takes place.
- Is Google Chrome installed?
- Yes - action 2.
- No - the following message is displayed in the console: "Please install Google Chrome to automatically detect web page elements using the Browser Picker tool.
- Is Google Chrome running?
- Yes - action 3.
- No - run Google Chrome.
- Is an extension installed?
- Yes - action 4.
- No - you will see a message: "No Chrome extension is installed. (If the extension is not installed, Studio Pro will prompt you to do it. Click "Install" in the window that opens and follow the instructions. If you click "No", the window will close and you'll see a message in the console saying, "You've decided to cancel installation of the ElectroNeek for Google Chrome extension.")
- Is the extension activated?
- Yes - action 5.
- No - you'll see a message: ElectroNeek for Google Chrome extension is disabled, so you can't use the Browser Picker tool. Please open the "Extensions" tab in Google Chrome and enable the ElectroNeek extension.
- Browser Picker goes into elemnts picking mode.